#emc-devel | Logs for 2010-11-13

[00:02:27] <cradek> sounds good
[00:08:34] <jepler> cradek: http://emergent.unpy.net/files/sandbox/pwmwhat.hal
[00:12:43] <andypugh> Is there a way to make a patch with git diff which excludes some files?
[00:13:20] <cradek> you could make a commit of what you want, then git format-patch that commit
[00:16:41] <andypugh> I am not sure I can see how to do that
[00:17:17] <andypugh> Is it normally OK to habd-edit the patch file as an easier-to-understand alternative?
[00:18:34] <andypugh> I rather want to separate the 8i20/sserial patch from the bldc-driver stuff. However my current branches all contain a mixture of both (I am not really safe to be let loose with git)
[00:56:15] <skunkworks> KimK: !
[01:05:50] <KimK> Hi Sam! I trust some are in Wichita tonight? Are you there too? Sorry I couldn't make it this time.
[01:39:57] <CIA-2> EMC: 03jepler 07v2.4_branch * rc9c7ebfa472d 10/src/hal/drivers/parport_common.h: ppmc hm2_7i43 pluto: use specified base_hi as fallback
[01:40:09] <jepler> KimK: I'm in wichita and I see a distinct lack of skunkworks here
[01:40:53] <jepler> KimK: sorry you couldn't make it to this one
[01:45:00] <KimK> jepler: Thanks, how many made it?
[01:53:31] <jepler> KimK: me, chris, seb, steve, leo, arty, and one other guy whose name I'm ashamed to say has escaped me
[01:53:51] <jepler> the last three are newer to emc
[02:06:36] <KimK> Excellent, good turnout I think. I'll be there in spirit. I'm returning to Omaha but pausing in Minden to work more on the Kasugas. I broke something during the 8.04 to 10.04 upgrade (no, that wasn't it, it was my extensive ini fiddling, lol) but I don't think I need help, not yet anyway. Then some PyVCP & ladder upgrades, and finally on to finish the tool changer ladder. We'll see how far I get during the mini-fest.
[02:15:34] <KimK> So are the developers working together on any projects at the mini-fest?
[02:20:19] <SWPLinux> Stuart is here too
[02:53:18] <seb_kuzminsky> KimK: we're playing with the puma :-)
[03:05:53] <KimK> seb_kuzminsky: Hi Seb, that's great! Let us know how it goes. Maybe post a short technical description and a video for us?
[03:16:38] <jepler> seb_kuzminsky: pinout: http://emergent.unpy.net/files/sandbox/svst8_8.pin
[03:34:48] <Dave911_> Dave911_ is now known as Dave911
[03:50:33] <KimK> I'm back now after power failure and recovery (it's snowing here).
[05:58:33] <CIA-2> EMC: 03swpadnos 07master * rcbd79ed6caf7 10/src/hal/components/pwmgen.c: Fix rare problem with freqgen output getting stuck "on"
[05:58:35] <CIA-2> EMC: 03swpadnos 07master * r60398d2abee4 10/docs/man/man9/hostmot2.9: Merge branch 'master' of ssh://git.linuxcnc.org/git/emc2
[05:58:44] <SWPLinux> ack
[05:59:06] <SWPLinux> how'd that second one get in there?
[06:24:58] <seb_kuzminsky> the puma moved
[06:25:02] <seb_kuzminsky> well, one joint did
[06:25:06] <seb_kuzminsky> goodnight
[14:58:03] <skunkworks> the puma at stuarts was stepper driven - wasn;t it?
[16:42:38] <seb_kuzminsky> skunkKandT: steppers & encoders, heyep
[16:44:54] <skunkKandT> really? I wonder what they used the encoders for.
[16:44:57] <skunkKandT> nest
[16:45:00] <skunkKandT> neat
[16:47:21] <skunkKandT> are you guys playing with joint/axis branch on that?
[16:47:36] <jepler> they're about a thousand miles away from needing kinematics
[16:51:40] <cradek> 200
[16:55:47] <skunkKandT> heh
[17:24:31] <andypugh> seb_kuzminsky: Is there a better way to determine the board type than idrom.board_name? led.c looks for "hm2_5i23" but it seems that this Bitfile uses "MESA5I23". I am puzzled why I don't see the error message too.
[19:23:26] <SWPLinux> alex_joni: have you been keeping track of rtai/xenomai/adeos/whatever lately?
[19:23:29] <SWPLinux> oh, and hi :)
[19:37:51] <andypugh> Bah! my git patches keep trying to patch .gitignore, and adding .gitignore to .gitignore just makes it worse!
[19:38:17] <psha> andypugh: you may use .git/info/exclude
[19:38:24] <psha> it's like .gitignore bot out of tree
[19:38:29] <psha> but
[19:38:55] <andypugh> Worth a try.
[20:27:02] <JT-Hardinge> andypugh: you don't use a global .gitignore?
[20:27:27] <andypugh> That is the one it keeps adding to my diff files.
[20:28:17] <andypugh> (Unless by "global" you mean somewhere outside the git repository?
[20:29:41] <JT-Hardinge> yes outside of the git folders
[20:29:53] <JT-Hardinge> http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?Git#Use_a_global_ignore_file_for_editor_backups
[20:32:07] <JT-Hardinge> it is in my home directory on my machines
[20:40:50] <andypugh> Seems to help.
[22:18:46] <ries_> ries_ is now known as ries