#emc-devel | Logs for 2006-03-29

[13:38:24] <SWP_Away> SWP_Away is now known as SWPadnos
[13:46:46] <rayh> Hi Steven.
[13:46:58] <SWPadnos> hi Ray
[13:47:51] <rayh> Thanks again for that line. It was/is well beyond my ability.
[13:47:57] <SWPadnos> heh. np
[13:48:12] <rayh> I believe that it runs properly now.
[13:48:18] <SWPadnos> I noticed jepler's comment about comments
[13:48:34] <rayh> I also see that sf changed the permissions to executable for it.
[13:48:42] <SWPadnos> do you want me to change it to replace the whole string after the '='?
[13:48:48] <SWPadnos> oh - I hadn't noticed that
[13:49:15] <rayh> No. I think we need to talk about input and output scale to see if we keep or toss that second var.
[13:49:19] <rayh> or val.
[13:49:34] <rayh> It seems to work fine as is.
[13:49:52] <SWPadnos> it might be nice to be able to edit the "Machine Name" at some point
[13:49:59] <SWPadnos> but I'll leave it for now
[13:50:13] <rayh> Yes there should be a whole tillie front end to many of those things.
[13:50:40] <rayh> My notion is to move configs to netlisting
[13:50:57] <rayh> and radically simplify the ini.
[13:51:21] <SWPadnos> something like that could work, but I think there need to be "bundles" (grouped signals) first
[13:51:36] <rayh> I find the netlist just about as easy to man read as the several .hal files
[13:51:47] <rayh> Nice idea.
[13:52:02] <rayh> add an axis with a single command.
[13:52:22] <SWPadnos> I'd also like to have some standard naming, like using P I and D on the PID block, instead of PGain IGain and DGain
[13:52:28] <rayh> Did you get a chance to look at jepler's ini generator.
[13:52:41] <SWPadnos> that would match the ini settings to the params much easier (automatically)
[13:52:46] <SWPadnos> not yet
[13:52:48] <rayh> That naming set me back a ways.
[13:53:22] <rayh> But you've got to remember that jmk was working alone and in almost constant battle with paul.
[13:53:42] <SWPadnos> oh sure
[13:54:02] <SWPadnos> I've had in mind a halcmd-like program that can read an ini section, and apply all the settings to params
[13:54:23] <SWPadnos> something like pid.0.* = [AXIS_0]*
[13:55:05] <SWPadnos> look at all the param names, and try to find identically named variables in the ini. if found, set the param
[13:55:38] <SWPadnos> but there would need to be some more flags for the params themselves
[13:55:39] <rayh> The whole of configuration is negotiable.
[13:56:12] <rayh> If you look at emccalib, much of that ability is there.
[13:56:26] <rayh> But klunky as hell.
[13:57:12] <rayh> It's almost like we have to try or start a configurator in order to see the needs.
[13:57:37] <SWPadnos> sort of
[13:57:43] <rayh> itteration or as someone said, eric raymond I think, evolution.
[13:57:48] <SWPadnos> right
[13:58:17] <rayh> halcmd was a great idea.
[13:58:21] <SWPadnos> I'm torn between the desire to have very good config manipulation tools, and a not-necessarily-human-readable confg file
[13:58:27] <rayh> is a great idea.
[13:58:53] <SWPadnos> and having a human-readable file, which allows us to mostly ignore config tools
[13:58:55] <rayh> You know I lean heavily toward a totally invisible variable/value storage.
[13:59:13] <rayh> xml even.
[13:59:20] <SWPadnos> that's almost a requirement for dedicated machines
[13:59:28] <SWPadnos> XML would be great in many ways
[13:59:38] <SWPadnos> there's also a more readable / compact version of it
[13:59:45] <rayh> Then make several editors, plain text, tillie, ...
[13:59:48] <SWPadnos> called PXSL or something
[13:59:52] <SWPadnos> kate
[14:00:00] <SWPadnos> kate has an XML validation plug-in
[14:00:20] <SWPadnos> http://community.moertel.com/pxsl/
[14:00:20] <rayh> Sure any system that is able to display and save values.
[14:00:43] <rayh> looking
[14:00:47] <SWPadnos> validation is a little beyond that - you can specify what kinds of values are allowed
[14:01:06] <SWPadnos> I'm not sure exactly how far it goes
[14:01:13] <rayh> If we did the system right it could even be displayed in a web browser.
[14:01:20] <SWPadnos> but I think you can do things like String, number, list-of-options, etc
[14:01:25] <SWPadnos> yep
[14:01:27] <rayh> Hell we could build a webmin interface.
[14:01:33] <SWPadnos> it could actually be edited with a browser
[14:01:35] <SWPadnos> right ;)
[14:02:16] <rayh> That would shoot my work with emccalib.
[14:02:30] <SWPadnos> heh
[14:02:34] <SWPadnos> and halcmd ;)
[14:02:45] <SWPadnos> and all the .inis and .hals
[14:02:51] <SWPadnos> darn!
[14:02:54] <rayh> But such a thing would be a giant leap forward because it generalizes the whole config process.
[14:03:01] <rayh> Not just a little part of it.
[14:03:04] <SWPadnos> right
[14:03:48] <SWPadnos> at this point, the only thing loaded from the runscript is io, and even that should be loadable from halcmd loadusr
[14:04:35] <SWPadnos> other than some measure of backwards compatibility, there's almost no need for the ini file at all (since all the functionality is really in the .hal files)
[14:05:32] <rayh> Right. That would get all of config back into a single place.
[14:05:46] <SWPadnos> yep
[14:06:05] <rayh> And it would allow users to build a system from scratch and save as they work.
[14:06:15] <SWPadnos> I think it's possible to ask tillie to edit a file, but telling her that she needs to edit 6 of them, and tell one file when to load the others, is bad
[14:06:57] <rayh> And not be able to tell her which of the 6 contains the problem she's fighting.
[14:07:02] <SWPadnos> right
[14:07:38] <SWPadnos> "tillie - just use grep to find where the P for the rotary table is being set" ;)
[14:07:54] <rayh> That's it.
[14:08:19] <rayh> I sure do miss the file content search stuff available in konqueror.
[14:08:47] <rayh> grep is another thing I do not do well, nor read the result well.
[14:08:52] <SWPadnos> it should still be there in nautilus
[14:09:13] <rayh> ?
[14:09:27] <SWPadnos> isn't nautilus the gnome filesystem browser?
[14:10:20] <rayh> I think so but there isn't a find in the stock version from ubuntu.
[14:10:26] <SWPadnos> hmm - strange
[14:11:01] <rayh> I looked for plug in's and found some. But when I tried to apply them, it was a bust.
[14:11:53] <SWPadnos> well, at least it should be there in the 2.14 release ;)
[14:12:23] <rayh> I saw quite a few improvements to gnome. I hope that ubuntu doesn't rip em out.
[14:12:46] <SWPadnos> hardly
[14:12:57] <rayh> That was my big issue with fedora when RH started saying we have a better way.
[14:13:03] <SWPadnos> ubuntu bases their releases on the gnome release
[14:13:10] <SWPadnos> dates, anyway
[14:13:24] <SWPadnos> they both do 6-month release cycles, I think
[14:14:59] <rayh> Yes. It's just that ubuntu edits the list of gnome packages included.
[14:15:08] <SWPadnos> ah
[14:15:49] <rayh> Most are available in the universe thing but you are at the mercy of users.
[14:16:47] <SWPadnos> how so?
[14:17:07] <rayh> Universe repository is user generated.
[14:17:16] <SWPadnos> ah.
[14:17:25] <SWPadnos> at least it uses a preference order for the repositories
[14:17:46] <rayh> Like I could get a LyX from there for ubuntu but it isn't current with the main ubuntu libraries so it doesn't load.
[14:17:51] <rayh> install.
[14:18:29] <rayh> Yes. And the core stuff seems to be rock solid.
[14:18:36] <rayh> Very few crashes.
[14:18:47] <rayh> Even with the real-time.
[14:18:48] <SWPadnos> I've liked it so far
[14:19:24] <SWPadnos> unfortunately, RT and power management don't seem to get along, so extra care needs to be taken on laptops ;)
[14:19:35] <rayh> Yep. All the folk I've sent that way seem to be happy with it.
[14:20:04] <rayh> Yes. I had to turn off all battery monitoring on the old gateway to make it live.
[14:20:31] <SWPadnos> I'm thinking of the other problem - can't do much development on a plane ;)
[14:21:57] <rayh> Yep. I have not found aircraft or airports to be very code friendly places.
[14:22:09] <SWPadnos> not with RT kernels
[14:22:32] <SWPadnos> mu giant laptop lasts 3-4 hours when doing development work otherwise
[14:22:34] <SWPadnos> my
[14:23:08] <rayh> Really.
[14:23:12] <SWPadnos> yep
[14:23:28] <SWPadnos> it's old and clunky - PIII 1GHz, 512M
[14:23:35] <SWPadnos> 15" 1400x1050 screen
[14:23:40] <rayh> You mean only four batteries and we could code all the way to Bejing
[14:23:56] <SWPadnos> nah - for beijing I'd go first class, and use my power adapter ;)
[14:24:11] <SWPadnos> around-the-world coding, baby!
[14:26:07] <SWPadnos> hmmm - maybe codefest should be on a cruise ship next year ;)
[14:26:42] <rayh> Not a bad plan. I've got a lake and a 10' cruiser. I'll do the rowing.
[14:27:02] <SWPadnos> maybe we need two fests then
[14:27:15] <SWPadnos> NorthernFest and SouthernFest ;)
[14:27:19] <rayh> One for the poor and ...
[14:27:36] <SWPadnos> we needa wealthy benefactor
[14:27:47] <rayh> Yes we do.
[14:28:02] <SWPadnos> actually any benefactor would do for a start ;)
[14:36:27] <rayh> I like what I see of PXSL so far.
[14:36:56] <SWPadnos> it looked pretty good to me, but I'm not seeing any DTD equivalent
[14:41:08] <rayh> No and even with the xml converter, it would have trouble in the read/edit/save environment with anything but their own editors.
[14:41:37] <SWPadnos> I thought they had a library for program use
[14:41:44] <SWPadnos> and it's almost editable as text, for the power user
[14:43:49] <rayh> I can just see tillie getting out bluefish and writing an ini.
[14:43:55] <SWPadnos> heh
[17:14:27] <alex_joni> hello
[17:17:09] <rayh> Hi alex
[17:17:39] <alex_joni> hi ray
[17:17:43] <alex_joni> how is it?
[17:19:09] <rayh> Good and getting better. How's your cold?
[17:21:39] <alex_joni> a bit better, was at work today
[17:22:29] <rayh> good to work but you can still feel pretty used up when the day is over.
[17:23:53] <alex_joni> yup
[17:37:25] <chinamill> * chinamill is away: eat
[17:37:36] <SWPadnos> SWPadnos is now known as SWP_Away
[17:45:11] <alex_joni> wonder where cradek disappeared
[17:46:24] <skunkworks> he said the heck with you guys - making him do all the hard stuff. That is what he told be anyways :)
[17:47:27] <rayh> heh
[17:47:50] <skunkworks> ;)
[17:48:06] <alex_joni> rayh: seems we both thought about MDI :-)
[17:55:16] <rayh> Yes it seems like it would handle the task if it is a simple one.
[17:59:38] <alex_joni> yup
[18:12:53] <chinamill> * chinamill is back
[18:32:34] <alex_joni> rayh: you around?
[18:34:15] <rayh> Yes I am.
[18:34:34] <rayh> What can I do for you, alex_joni?
[18:35:51] <alex_joni> nothing ;) just wanted to let you know I added a search box for the site, and wanted to get your oppinion about it :)
[18:36:10] <alex_joni> actually I'm bored, and not feeling like doing anything :(
[18:36:37] <rayh> Ah I'll look.
[18:38:12] <rayh> Wow. That is great.
[18:38:46] <alex_joni> I think we reached about 15% of what joomla can do :))
[18:38:53] <rayh> I've had some folk say that I should have included a google search but I didn't want to.
[18:39:08] <rayh> This is very nice. Results laid out consistent with the look.
[18:39:21] <rayh> I'm sure we will discover a lot of stuff.
[18:40:04] <alex_joni> I'm glad we did this
[18:40:59] <rayh> I'm really glad that you took the time to find joomla and do the work.
[18:41:17] <rayh> And thank your friends for me as well.
[18:41:20] <Roguish> the site looks very good, quite professional!!!!!
[18:42:14] <cradek> logger_devel: bookmark
[18:42:14] <cradek> See http://solaris.cs.utt.ro/irc/irc.freenode.net:6667/emcdevel/2006-03-29#T18-42-14
[18:42:23] <alex_joni> Roguish: well, thank you
[18:42:27] <alex_joni> cradek: good morning ;)
[18:42:56] <cradek> hi
[18:44:28] <rayh> The search is really nice. We can add a lot of stuff to documentation and it should make browsing painless.
[18:46:51] <alex_joni> rayh: I added a category a while ago, for Technical Articles
[18:46:59] <alex_joni> maybe some days we'll start adding those ;)
[18:47:05] <alex_joni> describing HAL & CL & such
[18:49:03] <rayh> Oh. Good plan. Would they be html, pdf or what formats are available.
[18:49:23] <alex_joni> doesn't matter, you can paste into that editor you liked
[18:49:58] <alex_joni> I tried various programs, and the paste worked very good each time
[18:50:00] <rayh> If they were html they would have the same look as joomla or would that start a browser.
[18:50:24] <alex_joni> you only need to put the text in there, the rest is taken care of by the CSS (to feel consistent)
[18:51:17] <rayh> I was thinking about things like Hal_Introduction
[18:51:34] <alex_joni> for big stuff like that, pdf is best
[18:51:48] <alex_joni> most of them would be for offline reference
[18:51:53] <alex_joni> at least for most users
[18:52:06] <rayh> Then the user would click the link and it would raise their own viewer?
[18:52:17] <alex_joni> yeah, something like that
[18:52:34] <alex_joni> but for HAL, I would like a short description, and the HAL_Introduction.pdf linked
[18:52:37] <rayh> Okay. How do I find this technical articles.
[18:53:47] <alex_joni> rayh: right now you don't ;)) only from the backend (admin interface), but I can make it look somehow like the Events interface (http://www.linuxcnc.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=15&Itemid=12)
[18:56:52] <rayh> That would look really good. And the link to it would be on the documentation page.
[18:57:27] <alex_joni> yup
[18:57:33] <alex_joni> give me a couple of minutes
[19:07:39] <alex_joni> done
[19:10:43] <rayh> Nice job Alex.
[19:11:01] <alex_joni> now we only need to add technical articles ;)
[19:12:02] <alex_joni> btw, there is a statistic module int he backend, for people who wonder about visitors & such
[19:12:03] <rayh> How about getting the man pages in there.
[19:12:16] <rayh> Neat.
[19:12:32] <alex_joni> heh, I actually found it amusing
[19:12:41] <alex_joni> 45% doze users vs. 10% linux users
[19:12:56] <alex_joni> probably I was most of the 45%
[19:13:15] <cradek> surfing while at work = windoze user
[19:13:19] <jepler> what are the other 55%?
[19:13:23] <cradek> (well not for me, but most I bet)
[19:13:26] <alex_joni> 23% unknown ;)
[19:13:37] <rayh> I'd think that is a pretty heavy use of linux. Compared to the world average installs.
[19:13:46] <alex_joni> jepler: your math is a bit off ;)
[19:14:38] <alex_joni> 46.15% WinXp
[19:14:44] <alex_joni> 28.73% Unknown
[19:14:48] <alex_joni> 10.20%Linux
[19:14:54] <alex_joni> 7.06% Win2k
[19:15:04] <alex_joni> 3.30% Win98
[19:15:08] <alex_joni> 2.83% Debian
[19:15:17] <alex_joni> 1.10% Mac Os X
[19:15:26] <alex_joni> 0.31% Win 2k3
[19:15:33] <alex_joni> 0.16% Free BSD
[19:15:36] <alex_joni> 0.16% Win 95
[19:15:45] <jepler> oops; what are the other 45%?
[19:15:47] <jepler> forget it
[19:15:56] <jepler> Debian is different than Linux?
[19:16:04] <alex_joni> seems like it ;)
[19:16:20] <rayh> I suppose it depends upon how the linux user has his browser configured to respond.
[19:46:07] <alex_joni> rayh: how is emccalib?
[19:46:49] <rayh> It's running and saving stuff.
[19:47:07] <rayh> About as far as I want to go with it right now.
[19:47:28] <rayh> There is the problem with changing input scale at an unknown location.
[19:48:00] <rayh> I'm working on halconfig right now. I've got tabs going so it looks like the other but a ways to go yet.
[19:49:33] <alex_joni> ok, I think we might be ready for a branch
[19:49:36] <alex_joni> what do you think?
[19:52:52] <alex_joni> I'm worried that we keep pushing the emc2 release
[19:55:26] <rayh> Right. I don't really have a good idea when halconfig will be ready. It is okay now for viewing hal just not for saving.
[19:55:47] <alex_joni> yeah, but I don't think that's crucial for the release
[19:55:51] <rayh> As far as I'm concerned we can branch.
[19:55:58] <alex_joni> it's not like we won't have any other versions ;)
[19:56:32] <rayh> In fact I really like the branch idea. We should label that release xx
[19:56:39] <alex_joni> cradek: any other concearns?
[19:57:06] <cradek> I don't know, I haven't tested in a while
[19:59:09] <rayh> We will do bug fixes on the branch so if something isn't up to snuff we can fix. Just no new features there.
[19:59:24] <rayh> Will the branch become the next testing?
[19:59:28] <alex_joni> can we set up a timeschedule?
[19:59:28] <cradek> yes
[19:59:31] <rayh> Or how do we handle.
[19:59:34] <cradek> rayh: yes
[19:59:35] <alex_joni> rayh: that would be best
[19:59:49] <alex_joni> can we call it TESTING?
[19:59:53] <rayh> How about now for the branch.
[20:00:07] <alex_joni> rayh: let me run it first
[20:00:07] <rayh> And sunday for the release.
[20:00:16] <alex_joni> I've seen some commits from flo-h
[20:00:23] <alex_joni> and he had some breaks before?
[20:00:33] <rayh> Right. flo broke a few tickle things.
[20:00:40] <rayh> I put the back.
[20:00:47] <alex_joni> yup, I know
[20:00:54] <cradek> maybe we need to call up our translators after the branch
[20:01:05] <cradek> and then we'll try to not change many strings after that
[20:01:16] <alex_joni> cradek: how does the timeschedule sound?
[20:01:21] <alex_joni> branch & testing now
[20:01:31] <alex_joni> if all ok, release (rc1) on sunday?
[20:02:08] <cradek> that's a fine plan but I think any schedule is nearly meaningless
[20:02:28] <alex_joni> yeah, but it's still nice to have
[20:03:32] <alex_joni> ok, I'll test for a while, then do the branch.. everyone ok with this?
[20:03:53] <cradek> fine with me
[20:03:57] <rayh> I am.
[20:03:58] <cradek> what are you going to call it?
[20:04:13] <alex_joni> * alex_joni is thinking
[20:05:28] <alex_joni> it's not something I'm used to :D
[20:06:16] <alex_joni> emc2.0.0-release ?
[20:06:32] <jepler> In axis, I call the branches maintX_Y when the releases from it will be X.Yrc1, X.Y, X.Y.1 etc
[20:06:33] <cradek> you can't have .
[20:06:47] <alex_joni> well, _ then
[20:06:51] <alex_joni> maint?
[20:07:14] <jepler> short for "maintainance"
[20:07:17] <jepler> some call it "release"
[20:07:21] <jepler> or "rel"
[20:07:28] <cradek> or maintenance even
[20:07:29] <jepler> you don't want to give it the same name you'll want to eventually give a tag
[20:07:32] <jepler> cradek: yeah that
[20:07:45] <alex_joni> release2_0_0 ?
[20:07:52] <jepler> if you're going to release 2.0 and 2.0.1, but not 2.1, from that branch, then you should call it 2_0 and not 2_0_0
[20:08:02] <alex_joni> ahh.. right
[20:08:05] <alex_joni> release2_0 ?
[20:08:20] <rayh> I like the sound of that.
[20:08:27] <jepler> branch2_0?
[20:08:32] <cradek> what will the actual release tag be then?
[20:08:36] <jepler> v2_0_branch?
[20:08:48] <alex_joni> emc2_0 ?
[20:08:53] <rayh> I assume that once the branch is made
[20:08:54] <jepler> branch_2_0_maint_release_2_compromise_tag ?
[20:09:06] <alex_joni> jepler: yeah that
[20:09:09] <cradek> * cradek no longer cares
[20:09:10] <rayh> then head goes on toward 2.1
[20:09:35] <alex_joni> cradek: you lose interest pretty fast lately ;)
[20:09:49] <cradek> yeah, sorry
[20:10:50] <alex_joni> so how about v2_0 ?
[20:11:06] <alex_joni> that's short enough :)
[20:11:45] <cradek> how about v2_0_branch
[20:11:53] <alex_joni> I can live with that
[20:11:55] <cradek> we don't want people to mistake it for a release
[20:12:18] <rayh> But it will be the code used in the release, won't it?
[20:12:27] <alex_joni> yeah, for all the 2_0 releases
[20:12:43] <rayh> I see.
[20:12:49] <alex_joni> rayh: we branch to v2_0_branch
[20:12:59] <alex_joni> which will continue in parallel with bugfixes
[20:13:10] <alex_joni> and when we decide (on sunday) we release rc1
[20:13:22] <alex_joni> then we'll have some more bugfixes and then rc2, and so on
[20:13:31] <alex_joni> till we say it's ok, and we'll have emc-2.0
[20:13:49] <alex_joni> then a new bug gets found, more bugfixes on the branch and a emc-2.0.1 release
[20:13:53] <alex_joni> and so on
[20:15:02] <rayh> That sounds like the way that I think about it.
[20:19:56] <cradek> so we all agree the TESTING tag will be on this branch for a while, right?
[20:20:11] <rayh> Yep.
[20:24:06] <alex_joni> yeah
[20:24:22] <alex_joni> rayh: btw, SF staff finally made that emccalib.tcl executable
[20:26:31] <rayh> I see that.
[20:26:49] <alex_joni> it only took them a week or so :)
[20:27:21] <rayh> Hey I got a email saying paul had posted to the list again but I don't see anything in there.
[20:27:35] <alex_joni> what does again mean?
[20:27:53] <alex_joni> he sent an email earlier to both lists, about new bdi4emc packages
[20:29:35] <rayh> This was after the first post and jepler and my replies.
[20:29:49] <alex_joni> oh, don't think I've seen that
[20:30:04] <rayh> maybe my imagination.
[20:30:27] <alex_joni> where did you get email saying that?
[20:31:17] <rayh> I got it from sf "nonmember post to a member only list"
[20:31:34] <alex_joni> * alex_joni looks
[20:32:17] <rayh> Emc-developers post from paul_c@users.sourceforge.net requires approval
[20:32:18] <rayh> Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:57:02 -0800 (11:57 CST)
[20:32:37] <rayh> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] New BDI-4 packages.
[20:33:25] <alex_joni> * alex_joni looks if the post needs approval
[20:35:32] <alex_joni> no pending tasks
[20:38:48] <rayh> something's gone belly up with tkemc. emc errors cause tickle failure.
[20:39:04] <alex_joni> can you tell me how to replicate?
[20:39:22] <rayh> Try a jog in auto mode.
[20:40:05] <alex_joni> need to build first :)
[20:41:51] <rayh> I just finished building it. I had not seen that behavior before this build.
[20:43:34] <alex_joni> I think it's msgcat related
[20:48:34] <cradek> doesn't flo-h test his changes at all?
[20:49:07] <alex_joni> not sure :)
[20:52:08] <rayh> Worst case when changing input scale is following error on the axis changed.
[20:52:30] <rayh> I wonder what it would do on a real machine.
[20:52:44] <cradek> I don't think you can change the scale without restarting emc
[20:52:56] <alex_joni> you can in HAL
[20:52:57] <rayh> It does here. Or seems to.
[20:53:14] <cradek> oh does emc not know about scale at all anymore?
[20:53:21] <alex_joni> no it doesn't
[20:53:28] <cradek> it knows about accel/velocity and you can't change those
[20:53:31] <alex_joni> it only knows position & feedback
[20:53:36] <cradek> ah, ok
[20:53:40] <cradek> forget I said anything
[20:53:48] <alex_joni> cradek: I won't :P
[20:54:34] <rayh> I see that changing scale seems to change the returned value okay.
[20:54:54] <rayh> just following error message.
[20:55:56] <rayh> I suppose I should trap changes to input scale and test for 0 axis position.
[20:59:08] <rayh> Having a home offset active does affect the input scale change also.
[20:59:21] <rayh> But I don't see anything that would make a machine run away.
[20:59:44] <alex_joni> rayh: maybe aunt tillie might succeed, if she's ugly enough
[21:00:39] <rayh> She is ugly. Could easily be the bearded lady in the circus.
[21:00:58] <alex_joni> well, ugly users can cause machine run aways
[21:01:09] <alex_joni> but that's not our fault, imho :)
[21:02:54] <rayh> heh
[21:03:05] <rayh> smart machines.
[21:03:19] <alex_joni> if the machine is smart, that might be our fault :)
[21:04:03] <alex_joni> we had a solar ecplise today
[21:04:08] <alex_joni> I hear :)
[21:04:14] <rayh> Oh right. Did you watch.
[21:04:26] <alex_joni> no, was too lazy to get up from my desk
[21:04:29] <alex_joni> :)
[21:04:35] <rayh> I know that feeling.
[21:04:37] <alex_joni> only 65% or so coverage
[21:04:49] <alex_joni> last time we had a full eclipse, that was nice
[21:05:12] <rayh> I built a projector for it as a kid so I could watch the progress on a paper.
[21:06:58] <alex_joni> cradek: still there?
[21:08:35] <rayh> tkemc works here now.
[21:09:12] <alex_joni> * alex_joni attempts branching
[21:14:38] <alex_joni> hope I don't brake anything :)
[21:34:24] <alex_joni> ok, done branching & moving TESTING
[21:34:52] <alex_joni> I'm off to bed.. g'night all
[22:13:50] <rayh> cradek
[22:14:14] <rayh> I need help with a system that is refusing to install the apt-get build-dep emc2
[22:23:14] <rayh> got it